Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

My first Mother's Day was very special to me. Last year I was a mom-to-be only dreaming of what motherhood would bring. I've never been more proud of myself or my own mother. There are no words to describe how joyful being a mother is. Endless amounts of challenges are thrown your way and your left making impossible decisions about things you would have never thought twice about before. I only wish that I had known what my mother had gone through sooner. Now that I know the sacrifices one gives to tend to their children I would like to thank her a million times over. There is no gift in the world or no words good enough to give her the proper thanks. When my son becomes old enough to have children with his future wife, I hope that he understands what a precious gift he was to me. I hope that he can see all of the time I spent loving him and doing the best that I could by him. Now I have many more Mother's Days to look forward to. I can't wait to get the cards made with crayons and pure love. I can't wait to see all of the other precious gifts, trails and joyous moments my mother went through with all four of her children. Thank you mom for everything you've done and continue to do for us! I love you!

1 comment:

Momto3LittleFlowers said...

Sometimes I look back to things I did or said to my mom (ok, Im getting teary eyed), and I just admire how she was able to handle them, and how she was able to forgive me...

I pray for my kids never do or say to me a few things that I did and said to my own mom....